The RAWKstars keep RAWKin'! We're proud of the work our board members are doing behind the scenes who are committed to helping RAWK grow and flourish as a beacon of literacy and empowerment in Kalamazoo. Our board members are our advocates, and devote their time and energies to building our program and maintaining the integrity of our work. With their help we will continue to serve a growing number of students and families. They are true champions of the written word, and will forever be RAWKstars.
This week we’re putting our spotlight on Marissa Harrington (RAWK board vice president), Rob Bradford, and Melanie Crow.
1. Occupation: Realtor, Artist, Mommy, Wife
2. Favorite book: Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
3. A wish for Kalamazoo: My wish for Kalamazoo is that the arts in the community continue to expand and diversify.
4. A word you love: Give
5. Why you’re excited to be serving on RAWK’s board of directors: I'm excited to serve on RAWK's board of directors because I am passionate about the opportunities that it provides for students of all backgrounds.
1. Occupation: Middle School Humanities Teacher at Kazoo School
2. Favorite book: To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
3. A wish for Kalamazoo: Love
4. A word you love: Onomatopeia
5. Why you’re excited to be serving on RAWK’s board of directors: To help increase love of reading and writing in Kalamazoo
1. Occupation: College Instructor of literature & writing
2. Favorite book: Ulysses
3. A wish for Kalamazoo: To continue to support and nurture artists and writers of all ages. To improve programs that help people financially, socially, and culturally to thrive.
4. A word you love: Blossom
5. Why you’re excited to be serving on RAWK’s board of directors: It has been incredible to see RAWK progress and grow. I'm so proud of all of the programs that RAWK has created that help students gain confidence in their own voices. I'm excited to see the new ways RAWK will continue to inspire young people in our community and I'm thrilled to be a part of it and to help.